Why you’ll love this
- An opportunity to introduce letter writing structure and learn about addressing mail
- Strengthen emotional awareness by assisting children to reflect on their emotions
- Maintain social connection with family and friends
- Colouring-in helps children develop good finger grip
- Encourage colour awareness with different colour combinations and the way it can change the appearance of an image
- Colouring-in assists in the development of hand & eye coordination as the child learns to colour within the specified area
- 2x Ready to print A4 sheets featuring four double-sided postcard designs with the following messages:
- Thinking of you
- Let’s taco ’bout how much I miss you
- I miss you a whole bunch
What you’ll need
- Home printer and 1x A4 sheet of paper (200-300gsm thick paper is recommended)
- Colour pencils, crayons or paint and paint brushes
- 4x C5 envelopes (optional)
- 4x stamps ($1.10 stamps if sending within Australia)
How to play
- For best results, print each sheet separately. Manually flip the first printed sheet and feed back into the printer to ensure the alignment is consistent. If using the printer’s automatic double-sided printing settings, choose to flip on the short-edge. Depending on the thickness of your paper, you may prefer to print the sheets on separate pieces of paper and glue them together to resemble the thickness of a postcard. Note: paper alignment will vary across printers but the design has been carefully considered to allow some leeway. You may also refer to our recommended printer settings in the FAQs.
- Trim the edges of the postcards and colour them in!
- Help toddlers and preschoolers to use words to describe their thoughts and feelings when composing the message
- Either affix a stamp on the postcard or pop them into a C6 size envelope to protect the artwork
NOTE: This is a digital download and no physical product will be delivered
DID YOU MAKE THIS?
Share your creations by tagging @mamahasgotthis on Instagram with the hashtag #mamahasgotthis